There are lots of paintball game variations. Some paintball games can be played outdoors while there are also some indoor types of paintball games. Although a few specific rules differ on every paintball games, all of those paintball games have one similarity, which is “to shoot the opponent or opposing team”. Contrary to that paintball is also one of the safest sports.
There are many basic paintball games. Here is a list of the most widely played paintball games:
* Capture the Flag – this type of paintball game is like the classic schoolyard game. The game starts with teams on opposing sides attempting to capture or acquire their opponent’s flag at the same time protecting their own flag. The first team to capture their opponent’s flag and place it on a designated location (which usually is in their own base camp) achieves victory. Another way of achieving victory is by eliminating all the players of the opposing team.
* Elimination – the first team to eliminate all the players in the opposing team wins.
* Neutral Flag or Center Flag – very similar to “capture the flag”. The only difference with these types of paintball games is that the game commenced with a single flag at the center of the field. The team that brings the flag to their opponent’s end of the field wins.
* Resurrection – very much alike with “elimination”, except the players may resurrect or re-enter the game in their starting station once they are hit.
* Just Plain Crazy – this type of paintball games has lots of names. This is sometimes called as “superman”, or “counterstrike”, or “total elimination”. This type of paintball game can either be played with teams or individually. The game starts with each player on the opposing side of the field. They will then converge or meet on the center of the field. The game’s objective is whoever will be the last player or last team standing wins the game. Most players of this game will eventually finish their paintball marker propellants, or run out of ammunitions or sometimes leave because of pain. Players in these kinds of paintball games do not get eliminated by a single paintball hit. They usually quit because of the inability to endure the attack if paintballs from every directions at a close range. This type of paintball game is usually played as the last game of the day when players want to dissipate their air supply and paintballs. This type of game is however uncommon due to its very violent nature as most of its players will eventually end up covered with bruises and welts and most of all in paint.
So if you and your friends want to have good time hunting, try playing some of these paintball games. It may hurt but it certainly will be fun.